Do you have all the information?
Ok so to reply to the first questions it is possible for the guest to change or remove a review within 30 days from the moment of check-out.
In the meantime, an host, can make a public reply and other guests can read it. The guest will not receive any notification or email after the host post a publish reply. Instead everyone can see the reply on the review section of the property.
Same thing happened to me a couple times after contacting the guest about their feedback and review. One guest explained me that he did not know what he was doing (those smiley can be confusing) and how to change it.
The host can also keep sending emails to booking.com and they will eventually contact the guest.
Another time I have contacted Booking.com to remove it, because it was not a genuine review and they refused. They said is up to the guest to request to change the review.
Note: It’s up to the host to make sure the guest knows they will be contacted by Booking.com and to keep in touch with the guest.
DO NOT put a reply to the review on as Booking.com will use this as a cop out for removing the review. The guest can change a review even if the host replay or not to the review.
It can be a long process but it’s worth it if the guest has lied ( there is a way of getting those reviews removed)
We know customers find reviews to be very useful when browsing online. That’s why we only remove reviews in certain situations:
- In the case of no-shows, cancellations, and overbookings (when the guest is relocated as a result).
- If we suspect a review isn’t genuine and might be used to target a competitor, we’ll remove it completely.
We also remove comments if they go against our guidelines:
- When the review includes abusive language, swearing, discriminatory remarks, threats of violence, and political or religious commentary.
- When the review promotes illegal activities.
- If it includes contact details like phone numbers, addresses, email addresses or website links.
Note: When comments are removed due to breach of policies, the score will remain online.
If you are a guest and you need to change or remove a review you need to:
- Contact Booking.com by phone (here you find the phone number for your country) or login in your account.
- You need to have your reservation number and pin code if you call or if you login you will find the review on your account and you can send an email.
- An Agent in Booking.com can assist you with the process. Booking.com will send an email where you as a guest can re submit the review that will substitute the old one.